Re: Bad hum

From: peter jones <highwayman2000_at_mail.ru>
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 20:41:34 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: Neil Bradley <neil@synthcom.com>
To: vectorlist@synthcom.com
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 15:02:32 -0800 (PST)
Subject: VECTOR: Bad hum

> My Asteroids machine has really bad hum. Well, "really bad" is normal,
> actually. Is there anything I can do to thwart this?
>
> -->Neil

If the hum is at mains frequency then check the earth wiring from your wall-socket to the psu, and all the ground leads in the cab.

also scope the supply outputs because it may be a capacitor.

for what it's worth my datasheets say a capacitor has an average life of 10years.
(i know they still work after 20 but it's sure worth watching for!)