Re: New Space Wars Rom info

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Tue Feb 06 2001 - 19:07:04 EST

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001 08:18:21 -0500 (EST), Paul Kahler <phkahler@Oakland.edu>
wrote:

>> The actual Cinematronics boards do have wiring modifications (for an unused
>> gate) for boards using 2716s vs. 2732s, but this only involves adding wires
>> to use an extra gate for addressing the larger address space in a 2732
>
>Are we sure they aren't supposed to be 2516 and 2532?? I seem to recall
>making an adapter to read some EPROMS to run on the emulator. I could
>be mistaken of course. I really should post everything I learned while
>reverse engineering, there was a time when I could just blurt out
>answers to questions like this.

I also built an adapter to read the strange EPROMs on the Cinematronics boards.
Sundance was really strange. But I have them packed away and I don't remember
what configuration we eventually ended up with. I took all chip select lines of
the 9316 and had jumpers that allowed me to invert them, or not.

I then read the ROMs, and played with the jumpers until a valid image showed up.
They were not programmed to the "typical" configuration that was shown on the
9316 datasheet.

>Hey Zonn, do you still have a cinematronics web page? I have documents
>that may wany to be there.

Sure, I'll take whatever you have, plaster your name and "Thank you"s all over
them and post it all!

>BTW, I never got our picture from Frank
>(he's still got it I think).

Ya, someday some archeologist, on dig, is going to find that picture, carefully
pick it up and turn to her colleague and say: "Here's just what you looking
for!", he'll gingerly take our picture, wad his gum up in it and throw it in the
corner, and say "Thanks, that's just what I needed.". We'll be immortal!

-Zonn