RE: Does a G-08 Manual exist?

From: Jenison Mark-QA3578 <Mark.Jenison_at_motorola.com>
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 15:11:28 EST

David,

> Hey Folks,
>
> I need to adjust the Hi-V on my G-08 so I started searching
> for a manual for the beast. No luck. I can't even find any
> reference to such a manual. Didn't Electrohome print one
> or did they all just spontaneously combust?

I have a copy of two different G-08 manuals; one that Sega released for the manual (has G08-001 schematics, plus one version of the G08-003 schematics), and the other is a preliminary G08-003/004 manual, which has the schematics for the most commonly found G08-003, but unfortunately only has parts listings, and no supporting text :-(

> Does anyone
> know the proper procedure for the Hi-V adjustment? I think
> Mark J. may have written up something on this

You can look at the FAQ on my web page, but there is no procedure I know of. I equated the knobs on the G08 HV unit to be similar in function to the knobs of the same name on the Amplifone HV unit.

What's wrong with your HV? No HV, or too low, or...?

--
Mark Jenison