RE: New Vector Monitor Poll

From: James Nelson <nelsonjjjj_at_didactics.com>
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 08:15:42 EST

110VAC input is great for the high voltage unit, but probably not for the
deflection board because:

1.) I don't think the 110VAC standard isolation transformers are isolated
2.) I don't think the 110VAC standard isolation transformers are center
tapped
3.) To use that voltage, you will be using higher inductance non-standard
yokes.
4.) Output drive now sees very high voltage instead of low voltage.

I do have an excellent preliminary design for the deflection board which
should replace any deflection board, and work for the new design.
It uses normal lower voltages and has built in overload & temperature
protection.

I would love to see the universal HT unit because I was going to bypass that
part of the design in favor of using off the shelf stuff.

James Nelson