Atari Asteroids tech question.

From: Mike Mnemonic <mike_at_nemonic.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun Apr 01 2001 - 07:00:55 EDT

Hello All,
    I hope that somebody may be able to help me with a problem that I have
with an Atari Asteroids board. The PCB passes selftest OK, and I have
verified that ROM, RAM and all I/O is working correctly. However, the PCB
when switched into game mode, displays a diagonal line on the monitor and
then resets? Anybody seen this before? Is there any hardware that the game
uses but the self test doesn't i.e. all levels of the vector jump stack ?

Regards

Mike Mnemonic