Re: Vector/Raster switchable monitor?

From: <solarfox_at_texas.net>
Date: Sun Apr 01 2001 - 16:19:33 EDT

On Sun, 01 Apr 2001 12:52:19 -0700, you wrote:

>I'm getting a lot of people coming to the shop buying buttons etc to build
>MAME cabinets. That is the only explanation I have. Sheesh.

        Now, now... MAME cabinets _do_ serve a need; there's lots of people
who simply don't have the room for a large videogame collection, and lots
of games which are difficult or impossible to find in their original form
even if they _did_ have the space... and the game experience just _isn't_
the same when you're sitting in a chair with one of those dinky little
Nintendo-esque controllers. A MAME cabinet lets you play them they way God
intended them to be played: standing up, with heavy-duty controllers that
you can slam around and a heavy particleboard cabinet that you can kick
when you inevitably lose. :)

        Granted, vector games on a MAME machine _still_ aren't entirely the
same, but...