RE: Safe to run XY PCB w/ monitor disconnected?

From: James Nelson <nelsonjjjj_at_didactics.com>
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 10:30:45 EDT

I still don't get that. First of all, undervoltage on those regulators just
causes them to go to minimum voltage drop and they run cold as ice. Second,
if any thermal condition existed, they are protected against that. They are
also protected against shorts. Backfeeding the output is also acceptable
practice.

FORGET ABOUT IT.

By the way, they only cost about $0.25 and are plentiful.