Another dumb EE question

From: Neil Bradley <neil_at_synthcom.com>
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 21:48:13 EDT

Okay, on Asteroids Deluxe, I'm trying to make a write to any memory
location in the 8000-ffff go to an 8 bit latch and latch the value on the
data bus. So if I write 5ah to any address in 8000-ffffh, 5ah will be
latched.

I'm thinking about using a 74374 to do this. If I connected A15 coming
from the CPU to the CLK pin and the !OE to the !WR signal coming from the
processor, would that work?

If not, what would be the least number of parts to do this in? As you can
see by my questions, I know enough about hardware to be dangerous, but
rather than coming up with a multichip solution, I'd like to learn from
the experts. ;-)

BTW, I plan on posting all my findings and experiments for all to
see... For now I'm just trying to get the hardware to be a bit more
expansive than it is. Next I'll tackle other fun things, like perhaps a
multigame that I started last year or an entirely new game.

-->Neil