Asteroids Deluxe hacking unsuccessful so far

From: Neil Bradley <neil_at_synthcom.com>
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 02:52:14 EDT

Well, I did the mods tonight, burned the 27512 with the proper images and
nothing comes up. It's just dead. No video - nothin'. I haven't
troubleshot it yet, but I'm done working on it for the night. Too tired,
and I'm liable to screw something else up. Some notes I've verified:

* The ROM images appear in the correct locations, the ROM image verifies,
and the vector ROMs go with the main code ROM set
* I have checked and double checked the wiring on the 7400 (shown as the
upside down chip - notched end to the LEFT indicated by the pen mark)
* I have implemented Gary's 7400 array of gates for the !CE signal to the
EPROM

Anyway, the photo is here:

http://www.synthcom.com/~neil/roidmod.jpg

If any of you would like to sleuth this one, it'd be nice to have another
set of eyes on it. Otherwise, I'll have a closer look tomorrow. G'Night...

-->Neil