Re: Deluxe clock

From: <mccullar_at_flash.net>
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 18:55:37 EDT

>I've used 12mhz xtals on battlezone/asteroids/asteroids deluxe with no
>problems for quite a while.. the 12.096mhz xtals are close to
>unobtainable... 12mhz seems to do the same job, purists would say the game
>runs slower, but can you notice a .096mhz difference in a game?
to neil@synthcom.com.

I've used both the 12.000 and the 12.096 interchangeably. I'd have to
disagree with the statement that the .096's are nearly unobtainable. I've
been able to get them from Mouser Electronics as well as Tanner's in Dallas.
I doubt that they're really scarce. Only about a buck apiece, too.