Re: HOAX Possible viruses - with some vector content sprinkled in for good luck

From: Brad Gass <bradg_at_mnns.com>
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 09:34:24 EDT

Yep, it's a hoax. Network Associates keeps a nice detailed list of them
that anyone can reference to make sure if in doubt -
http://vil.nai.com/VIL/hoaxes.asp

The giveaway clues to a hoax are usually "most destructive ever",
"discovered by IBM/Microsoft/AOL/whoever", and "send to everyone you know".

And, to try to toss a vector nugget in here... Star Castle on Asteroids
hardware? That's just, well, unnatural :) (But it'd still be really cool
to see, and even more cool to hear!)

I know there was discussion by both Clay and Neil some time ago about a
multi-Asteroids possibility (Asteroids, Asteroids Deluxe, Lunar Lander, and
?), and have since landed a Asteroids cocktail. I assume that's what
Neil's working on, and if it were in kit form, mark me down for
one. Speaking of which, I need to check Clay's page about the
multi-Williams kit. Sure wish multi-Pac was still available :(

BTW, if you need PCB layout/fab help, let me know. I've got lots of other
projects in the works at and outside of work, and as a result it wouldn't
be the fastest help you've ever had, but I need a really good excuse to
spend more time at the bench and less away from work :) Geez, I've got to
finish my Omega Race fix satellite board yet too.

Anyhow, back to lurking!

Brad