Assistance please...

From: Neil Bradley <neil_at_synthcom.com>
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 20:39:54 EDT

I'm still getting the 2 high/1 low beep sequence each time I power up my
Asteroids Deluxe. This of course is after I made my vector hacks to the
board. I've since removed all of my hacks and things are still not
working. Here's what I've done:

* Swapped out all 2114s with new 2114s and sockets
* Verified that each socket has proper electrical connections and isn't
  shorted to any other pins
* Put back the EPROM socket
* Tried powering up without the vector EPROMs
* Swapped the new RAM around to different sockets - the problem doesn't
  move

The instructions indicate that 2 high/1 low indicate a failure at M3, but
that 2114 has been swapped.

I'm now completely baffled. Does anyone have any suggestions as to
where/how to start debugging this problem? I have all the parts I need to
continue my vector hack and I'd like to get it going again.

Thank you!

-->Neil