Re: 74??00

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Sat May 12 2001 - 05:52:35 EDT

Kurt Mahan wrote:

> Does anybody have a table of the various designators and the specs for each?
>
> So:
> none

The original.

Schottky. Faster, power hungry.

> LS

Low-power Schottky. About the same power draw as the original, but faster than
the original (but slower than 'S').

> HC

High-speed CMOS. Speed about same as original, power VERY low.

> HCT

High-speed CMOS, but with TTL logic level input voltages.

> LV

Philips Low Voltage family, capable of operation on anything from 1 to 5.5 volts.

> LVT

Pretty much the same thing, but really made for 3.3 volt operation while working
with TTL input voltage levels.

> etc...

74C series, wide voltage operation, slow as hell.

74H series, fast power hog, about same speed as 74LS

74L series, low power, slower than original.

74AC series, Texas Instruments "advanced CMOS", low power, 74S speeds.

74F series, Fairchild "fast" series, similar to 74S speedwise, but lower power.

There are others that aren't too widely used.