Re: Vector rotation

From: Ed Henciak <eddie_at_telerama.com>
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 11:43:23 EDT

On Tue, 15 May 2001, Paul Kahler wrote :
> Technically ANY branch instruction can be used to select the
> secondary accumulator, but it's not used that way much if at all.

Do you mean *any* as in any opcode dealing with a branch or those with
that one particular bit set (bit 3 I believe)? Sorry if I seem nitpicky
here...just
curious. If I am not mistaken opcodes 0x50 to 0x57 were the branch no
select accum B and 0x58 to 0x5F were branch + select accum B.

I'm just concerned that you might be able to select the other accumulator
doing a branch based on some previous instruction. I kinda got that hint
from your post....