Re: Tempest/LV2000 Questions -- Update

From: <solarfox_at_texas.net>
Date: Mon May 21 2001 - 18:52:41 EDT

>--From: http://www.bithose.com/serfaq/REPAIR/F_VAtari7.html#VATARI_010
>"Distorted image which exists ONLY in the lower right quadrant of the
>display. ...the problem has always been a bad ZD101..." Can someone explain
>why a failur in the LV section would cause the symptom? The LV2000 removes
>the ZD, but maybe knowing why it causes the symptom can help me track down
>where mine is at fault.

        Actually, I had this happen after I'd done the cap-kit/LV2000 rebuild
on a monitor... and it turned out that the problem was that I'd used the
wrong kind of capacitors! While picking out the additional parts
recommended by the repair FAQ (the ones that don't come with the Zanen
kit), I'd managed to use some nonpolarized mylar caps when I _should_ have
used polarized electrolytics...