Re: AR 2 bench testing

From: tom mcclintock <tomm_at_mgcap.com>
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 16:03:43 EDT

Matt McCullar was kind enough to remind me of a little formula for
calculating a required load.

volts/amps = resistance (ohms)
volts*amps = power (watts)

So, assuming we have an Atari board that needs 5 volts and draws 3 amps,
that gives us an equivalent load of 2 ohms at 15 watts.

I guess if you wanted to check the 22V output of the ARII (staying
strictly vector), you could use a 7 ohm, 65 watt resistor as well.

I hope I got my math right... :)

tom