Re: Missing Battlezone voltages

From: peter jones <highwayman2000_at_mail.ru>
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 15:44:39 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: "Lewis Mills" <lmills01@home.com>
To: <vectorlist@synthcom.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 21:56:49 -0500
Subject: VECTOR: Missing Battlezone voltages

> Hi all,
> I'm just starting to try to resurrect a BZ. All voltages are OK at the A/R3
> (altho +22V and -22V are close to 25), and everywhere on the main and aux
> board except two testpoints in the lower right corner (as mounted in a
> cabinet). There is no voltage at a +15V testpoint and at one labeled "+5V
> DAC." I suspect the 7815 and 7805 in that area of the board; I'll try
> replacing them tomorrow. Are there other components I should be thinking of
> replacing? Additional info: there is +5V at other test points, but I see
> only this one +15V testpoint. Any pointers?
> Thanks,
> Lewis

If the +/- 22v lines are over then you should check the voltage-plug is correct for your area.

also, it may be a 'ripple' reading caused by worn capacitors on the psu-tray and the AR2 pcb.

considering the age of the game you should change ALL the electrolytic caps anyway.

if you dont then at best voltage-ripple may cause the game to randomly reset, at worst it may take something out.
(usually ram, but it could take-out the regulators!)