Re: Vector: Speed Freak signatures?

From: David Fish <dfish1_at_mediaone.net>
Date: Sat Jun 02 2001 - 11:28:29 EDT

  The Dec 80 Star*Tech journal describes what needs to
be modified on the Vectorbeam CPU in order to use
the Cine' Exorcisor. There is one trace cut and two jumpers
necessary. They say...

1) Cut the trace shown in Fig 1.
2) Tie pin 1 of L11 to +5V.
3) Jumper IC F6 pin 6 to IC 8 pin 11

  The Figure 1 picture is VERY poor but it looks like it's
the component side trace just below IC L11 (74LS157).
This trace runs horizontally about 1/2" from one feedthru to
another. The trace shown is the same as that on a Cine'
board.
  You'll notice that step 3 doesn't specify the complete
designation of the jumper. Star*Tech just copied the
Service Bulliten, it doesn't specify it either. If you find
out which IC it's suppose to be let us all know.

David Fish "We want...Information. INFORMATION
Melrose, MA USA You won't get it!
   dfish1.at.mediaone.net By hook or by crook we will"
   David.Fish.at.axcelis.com _The Prisoner_