RE: Asteroids/AD multigame

From: Ray Ghanbari <ray_at_ghanbari.com>
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 21:57:35 EDT

Not sure if my other note got through, but you can also replace the feedback
resistor on the op amp on the sound output of the Ast Dlx PCB to make the
output levels the same as asteroids.

Factory boards have Ast Dlx with an audio output level 10x that of
Asteroids. The feedback resistor on the op amp sets the amplification level
for the op amp.

The mod I documented in the link below keeps the boards original, but the
sound levels are still different between the games. It does eliminate the
distortion though...

Ray