Amplifone HV and Deflection -- testing Qs

From: Bret Pehrson <bret_at_classicade.com>
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 17:38:05 EDT

I've got three Amplifone monitors that I need to bring back to life. Of the
three, one works, the other two don't. I'm not sure if they have deflection
probs, HV probs, or both.

My question is this: can a bad deflection board fry a working HV board and
vice versa? I'd like to minimize potential damage to the working deflection
and HV board while swapping between the working/non-working in my attempts
to isolate the problem(s).

Thanks for any info

---
Bret Pehrson