RE: Alternate Lunar Lander Game-Play

From: Rosenzweig, Joel B <joel.b.rosenzweig_at_intel.com>
Date: Mon Jun 03 2002 - 09:23:33 EDT

I like Lunar Lander for the same reasons. It _is_ calming. So, after about
a week or two of normal LL play, I had to start exploring the lunar terrain
in order to make sure I was getting my money's worth. I figured that
normally in the course of a game, I'd only get to see some small part of the
landscape. I decided I would take my ship and explore all over (with as
great a velocity as possible, of course!) I found that flying horizontally
was most satisfying because the landscape scrolls, which looks cool. And of
course, flying vertically and viewing some stars that I wouldn't normally
see is pretty cool, too. Simple pleasures. :-)

I suppose it falls into the same category as driving your tank around in the
Battlezone landscape, checking out the shapes and also trying to reach the
volcano. Maybe someday, my tank will make it there! ;-)

Joel-