Re: Pattern Generator Program

From: Scott Brasington <arcade_at_brasington.org>
Date: Tue Jun 04 2002 - 11:31:16 EDT

Kev wrote:

> The Cat Box manual has code for drawing a "+" on the vector screens of
> Tempest and this works fine providing that the watchdog is disabled. Does
> anyone know what additional code I would need to add to reset the watchdog?

According to the MAME source code for tempest driver, the watchdog is
at CPU memory location 0x5000. Probably any write to that address
will reset it.

> What about code to flash the player 1 LED before starting VGGO and flash
> player 2 LED after VG is done?

Again, looking at the MAME source code for tempest driver,
There is one LED register at CPU memory location 0x60e0.
Appears that data bit0 and bit1 are the two leds.

This of course assuming the mame driver is correct.