Re: Possible spies.com mirror(s)

From: tom mcclintock <tomm_at_mgcap.com>
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 14:42:43 EDT

Unfortunately, I think a CD-ROM option would become quite cumbersome.
The Spies archive itself is 2.3 GB which would span three 80 minute
CDRs. Add to that all the other material Mark is suggesting and you are
into double digit CD counts. Time and money factors start to kick in.

Although I only have a DVD drive on my laptop, I guess I might be
persuaded to grab a $50 DVD drive if it would mean I could free up large
portions of my hard drive and eliminate the need to go out on the web
every few weeks looking for some tech data.

I would expect nothing less than DVD authoring that could be read by all
DVD drives. I think Panasonic finally came out with a writer that would
accomplish that.

Ob/Vector:

How many people own a Cinematronics Exorcisor? I'd like to try and find
out how many were made. I know of three...

tm