Re: VECTOR:Major Havoc Marquee or CPO repro

From: chumblespuzz <chumblespuzz_at_home.com>
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 09:22:09 EDT

As you mention, the main cost issue here is the number of colors, not
necessarily the size/shape of the piece. As such, we could run the dedicated
CPO, conversion CPO, dedicated marquee and conversion marquee all in the
same batch.

The next cost issue is for the die cutting. The dedicated marquee is no
problem - straight edges. The conversion marquee has the speaker holes -
three rounded rectangles, a custom die. The conversion CPO is reasonably
simple - three round holes. But the dedicated CPO is complex. Many cuts,
many angles. On my repro I simply made it trapezoidal and required the
installer to cut the details. This could be done again, but the "right" way
to do it is to have it properly die-cut based on an original.

So, as I said earlier, if someone is willing to deal with the production, I
will supply the art.

-roy-