Re: Nucleous Cannon

From: Andy Welburn <warlords_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat Jul 14 2001 - 09:09:04 EDT

funny you should mention it :)

I have a Stellar Castle (in storage right now), and last night i pulled the
boards out to see if i could hook them up on my test rig (vectrex)..

The stellar castle sound board is not unlike a star castle board, except
that it is an extra 2 inches on it, that hold the DACs for the monitor (i
have a Hantarex vector monitor installed)..

i think they are made by national semicinductor and are marked:
DAC1221LCN
AD7521KN

they then have an LF13331 and two TL082's and a host of 3 adjustment per
channel

i took a photo of the entire sound board.. here:
http://www.thedvdproject.com/warlords/dcp05362.jpg

and a closeup of the DAC section:
http://www.thedvdproject.com/warlords/dcp05370.jpg

the main board is virtually the same as a normal cinemtronics board, except
it doesn't have a green solder mask on the top board, and is of course
labelled 'elettronolo' :)
http://www.thedvdproject.com/warlords/dcp05264.jpg

I've not had chance to test it all, but i was sold the machine as working
with wobbly vectors, and one sound stuck on. The cabinet had the sound board
in it, but was running a normal cinemtronics cpu board, i also got a few
spare cinemat boardsets too :) I need to sit down and try fire them up on my
vectrex rig now i have a DAC interface and see what's wrong with them :)

Andy