What I learned today

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Sun Jul 29 2001 - 00:01:59 EDT

Thanks again Mendel. The switch went off without a hitch. I was swapping
with a cousin what found a Star Wars on the curb a few years ago. His
Ampliphone died (prob needs a Wintron), and he just wants to play, so I gave
him my WG for his Ampliphone.

Lesson #1: Kids today will STILL play Star Wars. This was a big family
BBQ, and once I got it working, I don't think the machine sat idle for more
than about 5 minutes at a time. Everyone from ages 4 to 40 was playing it.

It almost didn't happen though, once I found the Ampliphone tube was bigger
and I would need a bigger box to put it in. Since this was happening at a
family BBQ, we needed all the baby stuff, including the stroller, in the
trunk, and it now wouldn't fit. My wife came down and saw me trying to
maneuver everything in, and asked what was wrong. Did she say "Stop fooling
around or we'll be late !" ??

No, she said "OK -- let me see if I can squeeze the stroller in the back
seat."

Lesson #2: -- I gotta be the luckiest man alive.

:-)

-Chris