Re: Is a Space Wars monitor the same as a Star Castle monitor?

From: Matt Rossiter <rossiter_at_ni.net>
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 16:01:25 EDT

As a matter of fact, I interchanged a Space Wars monitor and a Star Castle
monitor last week since a friend of mine really needed to get a Space Wars
shipped out. Things worked just fine. Just to cover my butt though - "do at
your own risk". :)

Here's a couple of Cinematronics service notes that you'll want to be familiar
with so you don't fry your LF13331 chip. I've noticed that the older monitors
without these mods in place have bad LF13331 analog switches, such as the Space
Wars that I'm working on now. If your breakers are popping, that might be why.
Zonn pointed this out to me a little while ago.

http://www.spies.com/arcade/schematics/cine/serv18.tiff
http://www.spies.com/arcade/schematics/cine/serv3.tiff

Matt