Re: Anybody done John's Raster Hack for Ampliphone?

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Sun Aug 04 2002 - 02:18:48 EDT

Hmmm...re-read...novel concept...You do have to take the cover off the end
of the tube socket Focus so you can replace the old Focus wire with the new
one, or cut the Focus wire and splice in the new wire from the raster
chassis. Do the same for the Screen. You should not be sticking any wires
into the socket or making solderless connections - if the wire should
loosed and fall and touch something else that would not be good...

Now the heater power. You are getting this from the raster chassis now and
not the old Ampliphone (which would be removed by this time...). The heater
lines come from the flyback of the 4600 and (I believe) have the resistor
as part of the wiring on the 4600 chassis, if it is not on the chassis, but
is on the 4600 neckboard (which is no longer used 'cause you are recycling
the Ampliphone's neckboard) would then have to be added in series with one
heater line.

Why not send me a couple of pictures of what you currently have and I'll
see if I can figure out what is happening. Try and show the wires
separately, perhaps put a white paper behind them so they stand out better...

I'd like to see this work for you...

John :-#)#