Re: 4 Player Eliminator Problem

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_enteract.com>
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 15:43:05 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: <Thomas43@aol.com>
To: <vectorlist@synthcom.com>
Sent: Monday, August 05, 2002 4:23 PM
Subject: Re: VECTOR: 4 Player Eliminator Problem

> In a message dated 8/5/02 12:50:26 PM, jenison@enteract.com writes:
>
> << I'd figure out what's wrong with the player 3/4 interface board. There
is

> some special switching done with the coins on that board, and freezing
>
> screens is typically a result of something like a coin switch, reset
switch,

> or service switch being stuck on. Do the player 3/4 coins work correctly?
>>

> I've tried testing the boards without the 3/4 interface board, but I get
the
> same problem. Will the 4 player boardset run without the 3/4 board hooked
> up, or will it crash without it?

(Walks down to basement; unplugs harness from boardset...)

Oddly enough, the game will NOT run without the harness hooked up to the CPU
board (it shows the screen, then is locked up). The other Sega XY games do
not play this way, but Elim 4-player appears to be an odd case.

So something is probably wrong on your harness/ player 3/4 interface board
side.

--
Mark Jenison