TECH: Battlezone Repair Questions

From: Commander Dave <cmdr-dave_at_spamcop.net>
Date: Wed Aug 14 2002 - 07:48:58 EDT

Greetings:

I am currently working on some board sets for Battlezone and have a few
questions:

Game Board 1:
Game plays fine, except that the background cannot be seen. This is the
mountains and such. Foreground objects are bright, including enemy tanks and
shells. If I turn up the brightness slightly, you can see the mountains very
faint along with the "blanking" lines. Looks like something don't turn on
the beam when drawing mountains.

Game Board 2:
Game play blind. No picture, but you can hear it playing. I noticed that
Z-Out is not putting out any voltage (0V). X and Y-Out look fine. Tried
tracing it, but couldn't find the problem. Any suggestions? PROMS are good.

AUX BD 1:
1. I need to replace chip B1 (Atari #36174 or on the chip M3-7603-5 / 8033).
What kind of chip is this? Does anyone sell these?

AUX BD 2: (vectorlist guys - please forgive repost)
Gets a "T" error on the diagnostics screen which is a Mathbox timeout. All
socketed chips have been tested and are working fine. I noticed that there
is no clock anywhere on the AUX board. Thought I had it traced down to C3,
but replacing it did not help.

Any help on any of these items would be appreciated!

-Commander Dave