Re: Amplifone brown jumpers

From: <jwelser_at_ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon Aug 19 2002 - 11:02:29 EDT

        No, I've never observed these to cause a "catastrophic" failure
mode -- they will just up your stress level a lot.

        What's always happened to me was that when I was debugging a no-HV
on an Amplifone, I'd find I had no LV. Naturally, I'd replace the
(presumably bad) regulators on the HV board, only to still have no LV.
Then I'd think to check the input voltage to the HV board, find it wasn't
there, and find it was because one of those $%&#@&*($@ zero-ohm resistors
opened up.

        So, no catastrophic failures, but the failure of the zero-ohm
resistors is VERY common and is something that seems to be overlooked when
initially working on a HV board (maybe because the zero-ohm resistors
aren't on the HV board <shrug>)

Joe