Re: V2000 - Bad to Worse.

From: James G Watt <kinetic-arts_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat Aug 24 2002 - 11:29:35 EDT

:-( I think I see what I did. I think I accidentally shorted Q708 with
the HV cage. That was dumb. OK I've burned out R101 by doing that - what
else is likely to have been toasted? Q708 presumable? Anything else
because the other resistor continued to get red hot even after I removed
the short circuit.

>Damn It's going from bad to worse.
>The monitor with no spot killer and no contrast just gave up completely
>- plugged it in. No deflection and a burning smell.
>
>Unplugged really quick. The 2 big resistors at the top of the deflection
>board R100 and R101 are burning hot!
>
>Checked the fuses. They appear OK surprisingly.
>
>Checked for shorts. Couldn't find any.
>
>plugged it back in (probably shouldn't have done that really) 1 of the
>resistors got hot again but the other remained stone cold.
>
>I'm beginning to think I should give up on this deflection board. It
>always was a corroded piece of rubbish.
>
>Anyone got a V2000 P299 deflection board FS or trade? or got any ideas
>about how to revive this one?
>---
>James G Watt
>http://www.kinetic-arts.co.uk
>Part of the Video Arcade Game Collectors WebRing.
>
>You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

---