FS: Star Wars, Bud Tapper, Track and Field - $1200 Pickup in DE Only

From: Jon Raiford <raiford_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 17:03:38 EDT

** Please remember to change the TO: field to raiford@mindspring.com for all replies. **

(This offer is for Vectorlist and Rasterlist members only)

** I have the games in Delaware, minutes from the Delaware Memorial Bridge

I am selling off a bundle of three games in an attempt to get some quick money. All cabinets have their problems, but they are not major. Pictures are not going to be available, so I am going to describe the flaws as best I can. These games will not be sold separately, but you don't need to pick them all up at the same time (although I will need all money up front). I am not prepared to ship games anywhere. I would like to have the money as soon as possible, so please indicate when you could give me the money. I will store any of the games (and, if desired, possibly work on them if I get bored) for up to 6 months from the date of payment. After 6 months, I will charge $100 a month per game until they are picked up. In case multiple people respond, I will follow a first-come first-serve model for all people who would be willing to get money to me by the end of this weekend. Please do not send other offers, as I can't entertain trades at this time. Please respond privately to me. Thank you.

Here is what you get:

* Dedicated, working Star Wars w/ working Amplifone monitor. HV is good (PennTrans), but the deflection board has some jitter. T-Moulding seems to be too narrow for the cab - the previous owner appears to have put the wrong stuff on the game. All artwork is in decent shape except the controller (art is faded) and the marquee (art is cut separating the glass part of the marquee from the wood part and the art has spider-web cracking on the glass section). The Amplifone tube has some screen burn that is not noticeable except during the death star explosion. The picture sometimes goes away because the DAC's are held in with some cheap sockets.

* Full set of the wonderful Empire Strikes Back reproduction artwork including the marquee overlay, flight yoke overlay, and small side stickers (these are the reproductions I bought when they were available to the vectorlist - I'm sure others will testify to the quality).

* Spare flight yoke w/ 1 large broken gear (might be missing a button as well)

* Dedicated, working Bud Tapper. Monitor has a lot of screen burn from Black Tiger (it is very noticeable when the game is off). The original power supply failed so I installed a switcher. The switcher appears to be the cause of some horribly loud noise that is heard until a sound is played. The side art is in good shape (it is the black and white version, not the full color one), but it has some gold paint over spray near the cup holders. The brass cup holders have some cigarette damage on the tops of them, which the old owner decided to spray paint. It does not look bad, but it definitely doesn't look like shiny brass. The control panel overlay is in good shape except for some large cracking at the bend. I have a reproduction overlay, but decided to keep the original installed instead of applying it. The marquee is in good shape. The wood is in good shape.

* Reproduction Bud Tapper control panel overlay and Budweiser artwork for the handles.

* Dedicated, working Track and Field game. No longer stores high scores (I haven't looked into why). There is wear on the control panel around the run buttons and there are a lot of scratches on the side art.

Jon