RE: Vector: Another Tempest Question

From: Rosenzweig, Joel B <joel.b.rosenzweig_at_intel.com>
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 09:28:38 EDT

Usually, that problem indicates a failure of one of the POKEY chips. You
can enter self test to try to confirm this. Also pay attention to the audio
test because the failing chip may present symptoms as missing tones.

POKEY chips are available in 7800 series Ball Blazer cartridges and from a
variety of folks on the net for $5-$10 each.

Good luck,
Joel-