Re: Amplifone DEFLECTION QUESTION

From: Chris Starr <cstarr_at_capu.net>
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 00:57:41 EDT

A scope would definitely tell you if the vector board is sending good signal
to the deflection circuit in the monitor.
Anyone else have any good simple suggestions to make sure the vector
generator board is sending signal ok?

I'm still leaning toward the output transistors. Are you positive they are
good? Make sure that you have infinite resistance between the transistors
and the chassis -- disconnect the jumpers from the board and do a diode
check to check the transistor, and also a continuity check between the
transistor case and the chassis. It should read open.

Also - what is the low voltage reading?

chris starr