Re: asteroids monitor woes :-(

From: Werner Sharp <sharpw_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 12:10:09 EDT

Doing a google search on "by208" led me to this page...

http://www.rectron.com/data_sheets/cross.pdf

which lists the cross reference as a FR106G (800v) or a FR107G (1000v).

And mouser.com lists the FR107G...

http://www.mouser.com/products/detail.cfm?MPart=583-FR107G

for only $0.26 a piece.

Bob Roberts (http://personal.bellsouth.net/msy/b/o/bob147/) lists this one....

"BY-133 HV FR 2 amp 1400v diode" for $1 a piece. That might work as well
since it's 2a vs 1a and 1400v versus 1000v.

Please double check me on this and if you monitor blows up, I'm not
responsible. :-)

Werner Sharp
sharpw@bellsouth.net