G05 802 HV problem

From: thomas.angus <thomas.angus_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Thu Oct 18 2001 - 10:41:58 EDT

many thanks to omar, for the new hv diode, andy for the caps, chris and
everyone else for their help, unfortunately shes still doing the same.

on powerup after fitting new caps, monitor works fine for a few seconds,
then once warm, there is a loud mechanical buzz from the main power block,
suggesting something causing a big drain from the hv..

this coincides with a loss of picture, (the screen turns to a flickery blur
covering about a third of the screen, i can take a photo of this)...

at this stage the monitor will be defunct and only display the blur until
the hv caps are replaced, then its a case of rinse and repeat, as it does
the same again.

a new hv diode did not stop the buzzing starting once the monitor was warm.

any more help on this would be massively appreciated, in the 6 or so months
ive had this machine its had near 900quid off me (including purchase), and
has worked for a total of ten minutes... (long enough to convince me to part
with my cash =])

yours frustrated
tom

http://www.http404.com/sideart.jpg