Re: is any one???

From: Mitch Patenaude <mrp_at_sonic.net>
Date: Thu Oct 18 2001 - 12:33:07 EDT

Perhaps this is an interesting starting point.

I was thinking a while back about the fact that spare parts for vector
monitors are getting more and more scarce. I briefly looked into
building a small board that would take analog vector inputs (x, y, and 3
z's) and would use an old SVGA ISA or PCI video card to output to a
standard computer monitor. Now I haven't done any serious work like
this since college, and I'm really not sure what it would take, but it
seems to be pretty easy thing to acomplish with a microcontroler, and it
should be powerful enough to put in features like anti-aliasing and
transparency.

Does somebody with more hardware experience know how difficult this
would be to prototype?

    -- Mitch