Solar Quest Monitor questions

From: Matt Rossiter <rossiter_at_ni.net>
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 03:24:19 EDT

Is it possible to simply take the intensity card off of a solar quest
monitor and plug a game such as star castle in and have it work
normally? I've tried it and it doesn't work. I was wondering why.

My second question is, I have an extra solar quest board that works fine
except that some of the intensities are messed up. For example, in
attract mode you can see parts of the letters missing from the word
Cinematronics. Some of the vectors go on, off or dim. I was wondering
if someone modified the board to work with a cinematronics monitor
without an intensity card. Right now, I'm testing it with a monitor
that *has* the intensity card in it. When I plug a star castle board
into a solar quest monitor (with the intensity card) it exibits the same
behavior. Just wondering.

Matt