RE: Wintron install: Does this look right?

From: Dan Rasmussen <sscanf_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 01:05:50 EDT

No joy... When I first hooked up the HV board with the
Wintron I was blowing both the fuses on the deflection
board. When I pulled the board I found that the 7924 had
shorted. I replaced it and gave the board the once over
(followed the FAQ more closely this time). On step six I'm
checking the +/-24 and find that the -24 is at -33 and the
+24 is at +21.6 (which is out of the range in the FAQ
though it later sais not to worry too much).

No spot killer, I can hear the deflection board, it sounds
right.

I hooked up the bu406D (which tested good according the the
FAQ) put it back the game and its like there is no HV at
all (no crackle, no glow, nothing). The bu406D is getting
hot though.

I did initally replace the bu406D with the bu406 + diode
deal but thats when I blew the 7924. When I pulled and
tested it, it did not test according to the FAQ though my
old one did (and another I had on a spare-but-also-dead
Amplifone HV board). This surprizes me based on the
statemet in the FAQ that 99% of the bu406d's will get
toasted when the transformer goes.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dan Rasmussen

=====