Re: BU406D (was Wintron install: Does this look right?)

From: Dan Rasmussen <sscanf_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 10:29:18 EDT

The LED isn't on. I suppose it could be bad (didn't test
it). Is it guaranteed to go on if there is an overvoltage
situation? I'll see if I can borrow an HV probe (Joel...)

Thanks.

Dan

--- Mark Jenison <jenison@enteract.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Dan Rasmussen wrote:
>
> > Hey,
> >
> > I'm following up to my own post.... I found the
> following
> > on the archives (after my sig), seems applicable. I'm
> just
> > not sure if that 21.6V on the 7824 is too low and I
> have
> > other problems besides (possibly) the bu406d.
> >
> > In summary, the posting below states, even though a
> bu406d
> > may test good, it may not be good and that the best way
> > check is to first get good readings from the 7824/7924
> and
> > then, if the HV still seems to be dead (as mine seems
> > be), try replacing the bu406d.
>
> Are you sure the HV overvoltage circuitry isn't kicking
> in? This will
> make it appear as though you are getting no HV.
>
> To disable it, see:
>
> http://www.arlo.net/vectorlist/archive/9810/0141.html
>
> > My main question is this: is the -33 V from the 7924
> and
> > the 21.6V on the 7824 too far out of range for me to
> > consider them good?
>
> Sounds like it's out of range (and maybe be causing the
> overvoltage
> circuit to kick in.)
>

> > Dan Rasmussen
>
> --
> Mark Jenison

> Please direct other

=====
------ replies to sscanf@yahoo.com ------

Anything that appears after this sentence is inserted by
Yahoo (or others) and may not be a good idea.