Thanks

From: Dan Rasmussen <sscanf_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 08:49:20 EDT

Hey,

Thanks to everyone for their help. As it turns out, the
answer was the simple one given the measurements I took the
other day and posted. The 7824 was bad (was measuring
21.6V but as I found last night before I replaced it, would
gradually drop from there as time went on).

I ordered some 7824/2924's from Ocean State Electronics the
day before yesterday and they arrived yesterday! I
replaced it last night (and I again replaced the 7924).
When I turned it on, I thought it was still dead because I
didn't hear the expected HV crackle (I don't think its as
loud as on raster monitors), I walked around to get my DVM
to check those voltages and there it was, way out of focus
but working!

The focus wasn't working but it turned out that the bottom
wire had broken on the focus control. I re-attached it,
some minor adjustments and now its looking better than
ever.
 Bright and beautiful.

That much said, I have $50 worth of BU406D's on their way
to me. I'll keep some and sell of the rest to the list for
cost + postage.

This list never lets me down. I really appreciate the
help. Its great playing the games again but I get the
most satisfaction out of brining them back to life. I
learn a little more every time but it wouldn't be possible
without the experts on this list and those that have put
together the docs, FAQ's, etc.

Thanks again to everyone.

Dan

PS Yes, my HV board does have the 50 ohm resistors. I
never checked for the wave form at the 406d :( and I never
touched R7 as I don't have an HV probe but I plan on
getting one and checking. I assume that the overvoltage
protection is working.

=====
------ replies to sscanf@yahoo.com ------

Anything that appears after this sentence is inserted by
Yahoo (or others) and may not be a good idea.