Re: H1809 HV diode: How to test?

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 05:30:27 EST

The thing to remember here is that a HV diode is a STACK of diodes in
series. Because of that it will drop WAY more than a regular diode.
Perhaps an old Triplett VOM could measure it on the high ohms range
(they use over 20 volts on that range), but a regular meter isn't going
to show anything either way.