Re: Asteroids losing voltage

From: Jon Raiford <raiford_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Thu Dec 13 2001 - 08:16:40 EST

Actually, the burned resistor means that the connection was bad to the pcb. It does not mean that the regulator is bad. In fact, I would bet that it indicates that the regulator is working (at the time the resistor fried). You do indeed need to replace the resistor. I think there may have been an email to this list of a less destructive method for the sense problems (adding a diode somewhere?).

Jon