Dead Ampliphones?

From: Joe Magiera <joemagiera_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Thu Dec 27 2001 - 01:05:21 EST

I've got two 19" Ampliphone tubes, both with spot killer phosphor
burn-in at least the size of a nickel. I tested them both with known
working Ampliphone deflection and HV. One was totally dead, I am pretty
sure when it was being moved, it got bumped and I heard the tell tale
hissing of a cracked neck. The other was really distorted picture where
adjustments didn't help at all.

Before I dump the tubes, is there anything worth saving on the tube
assembly themselves (i.e., besides the deflection and HV) The yokes?
Anything?

Hope everyone had a good Christmas!

Joe
joemagiera@ameritech.net