Re: Star Wars Help, I found the Force Yahoo!!

From: <SVerlander_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun Dec 30 2001 - 01:30:00 EST

Red 5 standing by, Yahoo! , Thanks to all of you who answered my cry for help
I now have a working Star Wars that plays blind. Now that I have got to this
point I can now turn my attention on fixing the Amplifone monitor. I hope I
wont be to much of a pest if I get stumped and need to ask for some more
help. I do try to search Google and the Vectorlist archives before I ask for
help but it's sometimes hard to search though all that info. I would like to
thank Matt McCullar, Chris Candreva and special thanks to Douglas for sending
me the following email that explained all I needed to know. Turns out the
test switch works backwards from what the manual says. It is wired just like
the manual.
Thanks again for all the help.
Remember, the Force will be with you ,always :-)
Sam

My switch was ‘upside down’ too. I think it came that way. If you want to
you can switch the wires so it matches what the manual says.

If it’s in self-test mode when you turn it on, you get the memory check (16
beeps). This repeats until you flip the test switch off, at which time you
should go into the attract mode which may be silent. Then when you press the
coin button you should hear Obi Wan say ‘May the force be with you’ - but
note that it may take more than one push to get a single credit depending on
the DIP/NVRAM switch settings. Once you hear Obi Wan you can then press any
of the triggers and you should hear Luke say ‘Red five standing by.’ Move
the cursor around while firing to choose a difficulty, or just wait 8 or 9
seconds and a game should begin.

If you flip the test switch back after the game is on you enter the detailed
self-test and calibration screens, where you can change the difficulty, coin
options, etc., plus BIP alignment, mathbox tests, etc. Not much good if your
screen is not working.

-Douglas