Re: Name That Transistor

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 14:31:04 EST

My handy cross reference says an S406 crosses to an ECG/NTE5689 or
SK5589. Since your part ISN'T a 40 amp press-fit triac, we can assume
that that cross reference is a dud.

The manufacturer is most likely Central Semiconductor and you already
said you bought it from Mouser, why not just call Mouser and ask? They
might still have your order on file.

Or Central Semiconductor is at http://www.centralsemi.com or (631)
435-1110. Their website doesn't have a clue about your part, might be
an in-house number or a process number.