Re: WGK6100 Retrace lines wont go away SOLVED

From: Randy Bissett <bissettr_at_gte.net>
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 18:27:49 EST

I was re-reading the Vector repair guied I got off of Spies a couple years
ago & under the Misc sypmtoms there was

"Picture too bright but all else ok" the solution was to check the trace
between pin 6 of the HV transformer and the anode of D901.

I did this & soldered in a jumper, to no avail

Then with my new nifty handy dandy multi-meter I removed one end of the
diode from the board & tested it. Yup, tested open!!

I couldnt read the numbers off it & the parts list just says "Silicon Diode"
for D901 & D902, so I pulled and tested the D901 from another dead HV,
tested fine, soldered in the "Too Bright" HV & VOILA - Perfect Picture

Does anyone know the value of these diodes at 901 & 902?

Thanks for the help folks!
Randy