Re: Star Wars, updated web page

From: Chris Loggans <cloggans_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 12:26:33 EST

I can verify that the upright and cockpit control
panels are slightly different. They are the same
overall size and shape, but the bends are in different
places on each. I know because I just had to swap an
upright control panel onto a cockpit and although it
fit, it did require some persuasion to get the holes
to line up to lock it down. Oh, yea, and the mounting
holes along the hinge are in different positions too.
They both use 3 carriage bolts, but I think the outer
ones on the cockpit are spaced farther out than the
upright. (I had to drill new holes to make it work.)
I do have the CP that I took off of the cockpit so if
anyone is really interested, I could take some
measurements and pictures. Just let me know.

Thanks,
-Chris

neil@synthcom.com.