Re: Pokey failure??

From: Scott Brasington <arcade_at_brasington.org>
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 21:11:10 EST

I've had quite a few fail on Millipede and Centipede boardsets.
Some of the Atari games have a mini pokey selftest they run in
test mode that will display (for example) "P0" and "P1" for
the bad Pokeys. The selftest simply reads the random number
generator port on the pokey and if it gets consecutive values
that match it displays a failure, if the values don't match
it erases the failure, thus you can sometimes see it flickering.